Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter✞

HAPPY EASTER!!!
It's always kind of bothered me that we don't have a special way to say "Happy Easter". Like "Merry Christmas". "Merry Easter" just sounds wrong.
And bunnies. Why bunnies?

But do you know what's more important?!?
Jesus.

I was going to have this whole long post about Lenten reflections, but then it was almost midnight and with only about 30 minutes of Lent left, I figured that it wasn't worth it. I also figured that you've had enough of my vague and deep ramblings. So instead I have something that is in no way vague and is straight to the point; a graph.

 
 
I can't measure the "amount of holiness" inside of me, but from what I can remember, it went something like this. Let's agree to ignore the first 3/4 of it. Now that last week- that was pretty fantastic.
I finally got myself to much-needed confession, was filled to the brim with awesome graces that made me feel finally close to God again, went to mass and stations, prayed, etc. The Triduum was pretty great too. I used to think that I had to be overwhelmed with intense emotions when thinking about anything related to Christ's Passion. But you don't, you just have to be there with Him, hold Him, wait for Him.
 
There's this image I've had in my mind over the past few weeks: walking the road to Calvary with Jesus, picking up my cross every day, and finally being worthy to die and rise with Him. Halfway though Lent, when I found myself not moving forward at all, I thought I wouldn't make it and that I'd be left behind. It wasn't until after He came back for me that I realized that I am and never will be worthy do die with Him. Even Peter, his right hand man, refused to be crucified the same way. It doesn't depend on if I'm worthy or not, it depend on if I'm willing to receive His mercy or not.
 
 
 
Easter, oh Easter. Is there really a certain way you're supposed to feel around Easter time? It's not warm and cozy like Christmas.
 
It's calm. The soft rain trickles onto the pavement. The green grass shoots up its roots inch by inch. The flowers open their buds and the degrees slowly rise. Everything is new.
There's joy. The joy of running into Christ's arms. Even just 3 days without Him is agonizing. His arms around you, relief flowing out of you from His embrace. Silence. Because no words need to be said between you. For my soul, being with Him is enough, and everything else is not enough.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment