Saturday, June 6, 2015

Summer!!!

After weeks (or months) of craziness and work and stress, the long awaited days of complete freedom and laziness are here!!!

 

Ok I have a confession to make. I've been on summer break for a week now. I promised myself that I'd finally blog again as soon as school got out, but that didn't happen. When you stop doing something it can take a little bit to start again. But I'm back! Two months later, but I'm back.

I'm only one week in and I don't really know what to do with myself. When I'm asleep (or half asleep and lying in bed) I want to get up and be active and productive. When I'm awake I just want to sleep. I am a teenage after all. I'm pretty sure that I've more than made up for the hours of sleep I missed studying for finals.

I guess that's really why I'm writing this. To prove to myself that I am making use of the time I have to do whatever I want. I don't have a lot to share about my faith at the moment. I hate to say it but if I said anything else it wouldn't really be the truth. My faith kind of got put on hold these past few weeks. School and my social life shouldn't be the most important thing in my life, but it can be a slippery slope. Don't worry, I'm getting myself back on track for a awesome and God-filled summer.

However, I do have a few little things to share that I've spent a while thinking about this summer.


1. Music
A friend introduced me to the world of Spotify and since then I've been working on my own Indie-acoustic playlist. No, it's not Jesus Jams but it's the next best thing. Here's a few of my favorites:
          "Awake My Soul"- Mumford and Sons (this one is really good)
          "New Slang"- The Shins
          "Mountain Sound"- Of Monsters and Men
          "Wings"- Birdy
          "Photograph"- Ed Sheeran



2. Art
Art is one of my favorite things to do. Or draw. I decided to turn the rest of my English notebook into a sketchbook to fill this summer. It's coming along nicely. Doodling (or copying off of Pintrest) is very relaxing, and I would highly recommend it if you're ever bored.

p.s. those pictures aren't things I've drawn, just things I use for "inspiration" ;)

3. Books
I haven't exactly spent as much time reading this week as I would like to (too much time sleeping I guess). This may be because the humongous list of books I have to read is a little overwhelming. They aren't even required, I just want to read them for fun. It's amazing what a difference one hour of quiet reading can make. It can change your whole day. In summer when my days don't really consist of anything, reading can be very important.
I would give you a list of the books I want to read, but it's very vague and I honestly don't have one. Instead enjoy these nice pictures of books.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment