Monday, December 29, 2014

A Poem


I've been wanting to post a poem on here since I started this blog, and since I can't think of anything else to write about, now is the perfect time.

I hope you enjoy. Poetry can be hard for me, my thoughts can get so muddled up and I can never think of words that rhyme. But I did my best.

A Poem
Sitting here in the late morning air
Just cool enough for comfort
I feel the touch of the wind
And the soft cool stare
Of the sky, the purest of colors

Out in the open I'm stripped away
Nothing more than a soul
I look within
In the simplest of ways
And try my best to surrender control

Confined within walls I'm just a person
Bored with nothing to do
But in nature I'm able
To catch a glimpse 
Of what You see, what is true

And what do I see when I search my heart,
What is buried deep in its depths?
Love hidden by the world
And a desire for You alone
Longs to escape with every breath

What is it like to live for You alone,
To forget myself completely?
One day I'll know 
When I find where to go,
But until then I'll gaze upon your beauty so sweetly


Love,
A Catholic Teen

No comments:

Post a Comment