Friday, December 19, 2014

Just some thoughts...


The last, stressful week of school is over and now is time to relax and focus our minds on what Christmas is truly about... loving our Savior more perfectly!!!
Instead of going out to that cool party I didn't even know about, I spent a quiet night at home with my family. And after watching The Amazing Race and re-watching an episode of Sherlock, I'm still up, waiting for what to happen exactly? I don't know. So that's why I'm writing this. Don't worry, I've already prayed my rosary for the day.

Some pretty cool things have crossed my path while perusing the internet or other random things that I think are worth sharing. So here they are.

1. The Nativity Story. The other day in Theology class my wonderful teacher was showing us Christmas related youtube videos, and one of them included clips from this movie, which I had never seen before. They whole thing is on youtube, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for some good God-centered entertainment to reflect on Christ's birth while also not worrying about stress and other things. It really changed the way I look at the struggles Mary went to leading up to Jesus' birth, and also Joseph's love for the mother and child. And the pure awe that comes with anything truly related to Christmas (not snowmen or Santa Claus or the secular stuff).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=meIDz98MFBs

Also, in one of the other videos, the background music was this great song called "How Many Kings" by downhere. The lyrics are absolutely beautiful, and I've been listening to it nonstop the last few days.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3EG6kVNtI

2. This quote has popped up a couple times lately, and so I felt the need to share it. It's one of my all-time favorites:

"In my deepest wound I saw your glory, and it astounded me."
-St. Augustine

3. Another youtube video, this one I found on Instagram. It's the vocation story of a priest in some northern diocese- Bismark, I believe. I've never met this guy- Fr. Joshua Waltz, but during this video (it'll take about an hour to watch, but it's beyond worth it) I was laughing hysterically (not joking), and just in complete awe of how God has worked in his life. And he's so funny. Towards the end, when he started talking about how life not lived completely for God isn't worth it, I started crying. It was life changing. I beg you, please watch it as soon as you can.
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fr.%20joshua%20waltz&sm=1

4. My Imagine Sisters package came in!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got THE shirt, some stickers, a bracelet, and the sunglasses.
I can't wait to see if I get to go to a Steubenville conference this summer or NCYC next year so I can rock my #nunswag with all my other fellow Catholic teens.

I thought I had a lot to share with y'all, but I'm really tired and I should go to bed. I'll try to post a lot over Christmas break. I like little stuff, like quotes that inspire me and stuff.

What about you? Do you want me to post anything in particular? About me? Inspirational stuff? A certain topic? Just leave a comment :)
Also, if you have a CATHOLIC/christian/inspirational/cool blog you want me to check out, just comment below.

Until next time, I hope you are having a most blessed end of the Advent season (that sounds sad, but don't worry it's not over get. I've decided that Advent is my favorite time of year. Well, it depends. Can you tell that I'm tired). I hope you're growing in your prayer life like I'm trying to, and imitating Christ's humility. The Lord of Lords, King of Kings, the One who is Love and who created the universe with His own two hands became the sweetest, poorest baby in all of human history just so that we, who are so broken and lost, could love Him. And so He could prove to us His love my the ultimate sacrifice of the Cross.
But we're not to that yet.
So let's live in the presents, loving each moment to its fullest.
He's almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhh I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
A Catholic Teen

No comments:

Post a Comment